The pre-finished bamboo floor is both durable and very easy to maintain.
The key to quality maintenance and protection of your floor is to maintain this UV finish and the following Bamboo floor care recommendations are necessary.
Routine & Preventative maintenance
- Dust – mop or vacuum your Bamboo floor regularly.
- Apply suitable floor mats at all entrance areas leading on to the floor; always ensure that these mats are well cleaned; do not allow dirt to build up under the mat.
- Periodically clean the floor with the specially formulated Citrus Mist- Cleaner. Or any Neutral PH Cleaner, this is applied by lightly spraying the area above the Bamboo floor as you clean,a micro fiber mop is best, if you need to wash your mop while cleaning, make sure it is very well wrung, never apply water directly to the Bamboo floor surface, as this will damage your floor.
- Do Not Apply any timber polishes – solvents or waxes, which have not been approved by the manufacture or BambooPly.com.au. Sand and dirt carried in by shoes can be abrasive to the surface, place protective mats in doorways to keep the moisture and dirt from being walked into the floor.
- Area Matts are also recommended in front of sinks and in the kitchen. Matt s and rugs should be protected with a slip resistant backing that is non-abrasive.
- Install floor protectors on all furniture legs; never drag furniture across the Bamboo floor clean spills as soon as they happen, before they get sticky or dry.
- Spiked and stiletto heel shoes, especially those that have worn heels, can dent and scratch Bamboo floors.
- Avoid direct sunlight; protect windows with shades or window tints
- Trim your pet’s nails.
- Never use hot water or steam mop on your Bamboo floors.
- When tumble drying clothing please ensure that the house is suitably vented allowing the moisture to escape outdoors, if you tumble dry and close all external windows and doors the humidity level will increase dramatically and will effect your Newly layed Bamboo floor.
Click here to view our care and maintenance guide